Ninja

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Digital Surrealiam




For my digital surrealism assignment I have created a not so clear  message, the message is even if someone has a learning disability they can still do other complicated tasks. I have a personal experience because my brother has dyslexia, a learning disability where he reads words differently, when he reads a sentence the letters are all mixed up and that doesn't  stop him. He is still fully capable to do complicated tasks such as chess and robotics, which he excels  at. You can't under estimate someone with a learning disability.
With my digital surrealism assignment I have used a variety of photography's to create a creative photo bridging between realism and surrealism in a well planned photography designed on photoshop.
I have used three final photography's but I had toke over fifty to get just the right three photography's. The three photography's are the chess board, Henry and a picture of my brothers writing. In the photography I used a consisted lighting and blended the photos so they look as one.
With my surrealism I had difficulties along the way because when I was in the planning stage I had so many ideas to go with  it but then I realized I had to back to reality and some wouldn't work.My main challenge was getting the full idea across because some people won't know that the boy in the picture has a learning disability and when they look at the photography they'll see a teenager with words imprinted on his face, it won't make sense. Now I can't change my idea because I had got that far, so I came up with ideas to make the message more clear. I decided to add my brothers writing on the chess pieces to create more unity and to make more of a connection with  my message.
In photoshop I used different layers and tools to make the photo look as natural as possible but it won't look perfect. When I did this I had ideas and when I started working n it I realized It would not be possible so I tried other ideas and this is what I was able to do. My original idea was to put the blending writing on my brothers face and have him placed on the chess board as if he is a chess piece on the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment