Ninja

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Gig poster statement

Class: CyberTech
Band: Falling For Never
Genre: Techno/punk
Medium: Adobe Photoshop

My band is called Falling For Never. My poster shows important infromation, appealing colors and graphics choices and a complex layout. I have included the location, date, time, ticket prices, and who is allowed to come, enough information to direct people to the concert but to not take away from the poster itself. My poster has a unique theme which uses darker shades and colors but gives the effect of the unknown. Although there is still some green and light blue in the earth and rainbow mixture in the black hole but it all ties together and does not take your attention away from the idea of the poster. The title is supposed to be the eye catching part of the poster becuase it's clear and easy to read and it brings the whole theme together.My layout shows a black hole sucking the name of my band inside it with the earth on the other end. I chose to do this because it is appealing to the eye and it's explains the title, for example the falling " for never" means falling but not falling, it dosen't make sense. The "falling" means falling in general and you may link it to space or the unknown.In all the title gives you information about what music the band sings\plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment