Ninja

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Class visit to the AGO

On Thursday march 22, our CyberARTS grade 10 class went on a trip to the AGO. We looked at contemporary, modern, Canadian and renaissance art. I have chosen three pieces from the gallery that I enjoyed and thought stood out in the medium and scenery the artists chose.

Younger by Kori Newkirk


This is a contemporary piece from the gallery and  an interesting thing about this art is that although you cannot see it in this photograph, the medium used is many strings of beads. This really caught my attention because of the medium used but also how the artist used the different bead colors to create different values and shades that make the piece look  realistic.The spots where the different values really stick out are the clouds and the trees. The change from white to blue is very gradual in the clouds and  the darker parts in the tree show where there is shading. Overall this is a very unique piece.

Maligne lake Jasper park By Lawren Harris
 This is a piece by the Canadian artist Lawren Harris of the Maligne lake in jasper park, Alberta. What I find interesting about this piece is how the artist uses darker tones to create the different values in the reflection of the lake and the shadows. I also think the reflection of the mountains in the background make the painting more interesting to look at and unique from  other paintings Harris has done. Harris has painted many Canadian scenery's but you always see the landscape itself not the reflection.


Fine weather, Georgian bay by J.E.H MacDonald
I don't know what really makes me find this painting interesting, but I just like to look at it because I feel like I'm being transported to the actual lake. I like how the focus isn't on the actual people but on the overall look of the lake.

















1 comment:

  1. Thanks for writing about our field trip. Fun to see what caught your eye!

    ReplyDelete