Ninja

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Daily Create: Grid Pattern


Today we went ot the applied arts expo at the Wych woods  Barn near Christie pits. We were looking at different graphic art peices and college and university booths. But the one thing that caught my eye the most was the archetecture of the building. The lower part of the wall was made out of old worn out bricks. These bricks really added to the feel of the building and for one of our daily creates we had to look for a grid pattern and take a interesting slice of it. I zoomed in close enough that you only see parts of a few bricks and that you could see the very details within the cracks between the bricks. I really like the compostion I chose because I toke multipe shots before I got this one and using the rule of thirds I have created a visually pleasing compostion. Where the cement connects the bricks, the line guides you through the picture. My favourite part of the photograph is that I did not edit anything, this is the very photo I shot. I was able to capture the details etched in the bricks and the shadows where the brick sticks out just a little and hangs over.

No comments:

Post a Comment